Thursday, February 9, 2012

The 2nd Thursday Of The 2nd Month Of 2012 In Texas Thinking About Moving To Washington Where You Can Now Marry The Girl Or Boy Of Your Dreams

Looking through the bars of my patio prison cell as the sun begins to arrive on the morning of the 2nd Thursday of the 2nd month of 2012 it appears the sky is without clouds, even though my weather predictor says it will be cloudy today.

Currently, according to my computer based temperature monitoring device, it is only 4 degrees above freezing in the outer world at my location.

If I do any hill hiking today I will be wearing an appropriate level of layers of clothing, unlike yesterday's chill inducing lack of an appropriate level of layers of clothing.

Changing the subject from getting chilly to getting married.

Yesterday I was surprised to learn that my former state of residence, that being the State of Washington, has approved same sex marriage. I would expect such a thing from a liberal, progressive state like Texas, but for repressive, conservative Washington to approve such a thing? That is just really surprising to me.

I guess this news means I can now move back to Washington and marry either the girl or the boy of my dreams.

Which, apparently, is progress.

Before I make the move back to Washington I wish I could say I was going swimming this morning, but I can't.

It is too cold.

If only I was fatter, with a better developed layer of insulative adipose tissue I might be able to continue to enjoy the salubrious benefits of swimming, even when it is cold.

No comments: