Thursday, May 12, 2011

Walking With My Mom Today Around Fort Worth's Fosdic Lake Thinking About Being A Jerk

I walked all the way around Fosdic Lake in Oakland Lake Park with my mom today around noon.

Today was the first time I've gotten my mom on the phone for her annual Mother's Day call.

Mom called last night, while we were storming and I was without power. I did not hear the phone ring last night and did not hear the voice mail from my mom til I flipped the phone open this morning.

Today mom and dad were heading south from the Phoenix metro zone town they live in, called Sun Lake, to Maricopa to bring my brother lunch. I think that's about an 80 mile round trip. My brother is recovering from knee surgery, which I guess makes him unable to make his own lunch. That and his latest wife has abandoned him, apparently, which leaves my mom and dad as the only possible lunch solution in the area.

When my mom and dad were last in the D/FW Metroplex they did not bring me lunch. But they did bring me a big ham and an awful lot of citrus products.

Just as I was getting the picture of a couple fisherman fishing in Fosdic Lake, off my camera, my power went out again. That is two days in a row. This can't be normal. Today's outage only lasted a couple minutes, while yesterday's outage went on for hours.

Good news on the Paradise Center Scandal front, brought courtesy of one of the main victims of the scandal, Teresa Davis, detailed on the Paradise Center Scandal blog.

Just got one of those amusing blog comments, that I always enjoy, from someone called Anonymous, saying, "you are a jerk - go back to washington you jackass!"

The comment was made to a blogging from way back last summer, July 27, 2010, to be precise, with the blogging titled "Inspired By A Texan Panhandling Guitar Man I Am Thinking Of Begging With Bongos."

I did not remember this blogging til I went back and read it. I then remembered seeing the panhandling guitar man. Nothing I wrote seemed particularly jerky to me, or jackassy. I can think of many times where saying I was a jerk who should go back to Washington because I was a jackass, would have made sense, but it doesn't really make much sense in this instance.

It felt good to get out and go on a walk today. The Tandy Hills are going to need some drying out time. Swimming was a real good thing this morning, with the pool cooled by the infusion of a lot of rain and some hail.

No comments: