Thursday, February 25, 2010

Thinking About Protesting & Litter Vandalism In Fort Worth

In the picture you are looking over the edge of Fosdic Lake Dam. I do not know what is wrong with my photo taking skills, in that I can never get something steep to look steep.

See that green thing about a third down the picture? That is a garbage can that was anchored on top of the dam yesterday. Since then some sad soul unanchored the garbage can and sent it down to the bottom of the dam.

This left a lot of litter laying on the ground or blowing in the wind.

I would have picked up some of the litter, but there was no garbage can to put it in.

All that tossed litter was a perfectly apt visual metaphor for how today has been for me.

I do not remember when I last got so many confused and confusing messages. It has sort of given me a headache. I very rarely get a headache.

I think I'm going to a Big Rally Protest Support Meeting thing next Thursday, if all goes as planned and no wagons lose their wheels. I think I'll be bringing protection muscle in the form of Big Ed, in case things get unruly and the Fort Worth Gestapo starts zapping with their tasers.

I think Gar the Texan is also going to be there. Gar has never participated in a public protest event before. I think he sees doing so as part of his ongoing personal growth plan. I do not know if Gar is bringing his German wife. I suspect not. German's have a reputation for turning events like this into Beer Hall Putsches. Well, actually, a Beer Hall Putsch is sort of what Fort Worth badly needs.

My therapist, Dr. L.C. will be there, as will Elsie Hotpepper. Tootsie Tonasket's divorce was final yesterday. Now that she is a free woman Tootsie may be coming to Fort Worth to do some rallying.

I do not believe the Queen of Wink and her Entourage will be making the journey east, to Fort Worth, next Thursday.

So, that has been my Thursday, so far, in Texas, making plans to protest in downtown Fort Worth, next Thursday. Fun times ahead.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

LET'S ROLL--AND ROCK SOME BOATS, D.!WE'LL SEE YOU THERE. YOU MIGHT NOT SEE US BUT YOU WILL HEAR US, FELLOW RESISTER!!

Anonymous said...

Rally on, Gar-th!! yuh!!Rally on Wayne-dango!!Tell Big Ed to listen for screams of "DON'T TASE ME,BRO; DON'T TASE, BRO!!"