Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Something Might Be Happening Soon Under Fort Worth's Ederville Park

There is a very very little park, called Ederville Park, across the street from Fort Worth's Handley Post Office. In all the years that I have been going to the Handley Post Office I do not recollect ever seeing anyone using this park.

There may be one picnic table, but Ederville Park appears to me to be a small, open, treeless grassy field.

When I left the P.O. I saw a sign that caught my eye, so though it's not my usual route away from the P.O., I drove by to read the sign.

It says...

PUBLIC NOTICE
The subsurface of this park is being considered for non-recreational use to allow off site drilling and extraction of natural gas from underneath this park. There will be no drilling units located on the park and the surface of the park will not change.

There are a lot of houses near Ederville Park. And the aforementioned Post Office. A church is across the street from the Post Office. On the north end of Ederville Park there is an Enterprise Car Rental outlet.

So, is this off site drilling only taking natural gas that sits under this little park? How does that work? One of those slant drilling operations that ends up under Ederville Park? I've seen no signs in the area of people objecting to drilling or being pressured to sign over drilling rights, like I see in other areas where the drillers are poking holes in the ground.

I wonder where the off site drilling site is?

No comments: