Monday, November 16, 2009

It Appears The City Of Fort Worth Has Added Graffiti To Tandy Hills Park Benches

In the blogging previous to this one, from earlier this afternoon, I mentioned seeing some ornamentation being added to benches at the playground field by Tandy Hills Natural Area.

I erroneously thought this was some sort of Christmas decoration when I got my short glance, earlier today, while the "art" was being installed.

As you can see, the seat of the bench spells out "FORT WORTH." So did the bench back. Now the bench back looks as if it has had some graffiti sprayed on it.

My best guess as to what the added artwork is supposed to be is green bushes alternating with blue prickly pear cactus.

All 5 of the benches in the park had this treatment done to them. I think it would be interesting to know how the decision was made, and by whom, to spend money on this. And how much money was spent.

About a year ago another mysterious thing was added to the Tandy Hills Playground. Over the course of several weeks I wondered what was being constructed. First, I saw a form built. Then cement poured into the form, with posts added. Eventually rails were added to the posts, making sort of an aluminum fence. But it fences nothing. And is only about 50 feet long.

You can see 2 of the 5 tarted up benches in the distance in the above picture of the fence to nowhere.

The fence to nowhere sits to the northeast of playground equipment, like swings. Long ago I gave up trying to figure out what the fence was built for.

And now these bench enhancements.

It's all very perplexing.

No comments: