Monday, November 16, 2009

The Big Chill In Today In Texas

Two days ago I went hiking the Tandy Hills shirtless in shorts. It was almost 80. Two days later I went hiking the Tandy Hills Natural Area wearing sweatpants, a long sleeved shirt, a windbreaker and the knit stalking cap I wear to keep me warm when I go swimming.

That's today chilled Tandy Hills view in the picture. You can not tell it due to my weak photographer skills, but you are looking west up a very steep part of the Tandy Trails in the picture.

Wind chill of around 40, today, when I was shivering over the Tandy Hills. It is 51 out in the cold, right now, here in frigid Fort Worth, with a windchill of 46. Yes. It is windy today.

I saw some Fort Worth city workers putting some Christmas type decoration on one of the benches near the main trail that leads to the Tandy Hills trails. This bench is quite a distance from the road. Few will see this decoration.

Two guys were working on the bench. They'd driven a City of Fort Worth pickup on to the lawn to park by the bench.

Now, Fort Worth is cutting back on library hours, cutting back on all sorts of things. Yet money is somehow found to put a decoration on an isolated bench? I've got to go the Post Office. Maybe I'll swing by and get a picture of what Fort Worth spent some money on today.

See you later, maybe with a picture of a bench.

No comments: