Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Watching A Fish Get Caught & Consumed In Fosdick Lake

Walking around Fosdick Lake in Oakland Lake Park today I saw something I'd never seen before in Fosdick Lake.

I've seen what I saw today in other locations, but not Fosdick Lake.

What did I see today whilst walking around Fosdick Lake that I'd not seen before?

I saw a fish caught.

Who caught the fish?

It was that white guy you see in the picture. He or she suddenly darted its beak into the water and came out of the water with a little fish pinned in its beak. The fish squirmed for a bit and then the bird swallowed it. Then took a couple quick drinks of lake water, I assume help wash down the fish.

The picture was taken after the bird finished eating its lunch and had returned to its fishing position.

Do the Fosdick Lake birds not read the signs that warn that it is not safe to eat the Fosdick fish?

2 comments:

Stu Langley said...

Where is the bird-catching-fish picture, Durango? Your picture of the white bird fishing culprit looks pretty placid- not much fishing action there...

The wild creatures have not been given the power of the vote yet, so they are an ignored citizen depending on the good will of their human brethren.

We would actually have to clean up after ourselves to make the fish safe for egrets- but egads, that would require thought and effort.

Durango said...

Mr. or Ms. Unknown, I was not quick enough with the camera to get a picture before the big bird gobbled its catch.