Thursday, April 12, 2012

I Love Texas & Other Idiosyncrasies

This morning I did my daily look at Facebook to see the daily look at former Fort Worth native and admirer of what the Bass Family has done to downtown Fort Worth, now exiled in Tacoma, MLK's, daily face photo, when I saw that MLK had shared a photo of a heart that says, "I LOVE TEXAS" on it.

I sure do love writing run-on sentences. But, I digress.

There were 3 comments regarding the I LOVE TEXAS heart.

I found the 3 comments amusing....

Tamera Royer: Hell yea.

Cow Thief: You can get the "I LOVE TEXAS" ones, but only at a few places. This is a special production run from NECCO. At one time I would get them and give them out but it got to the point to where people were DEMANDING them!

Tara Butler: Who doesn't?

Yeah. Who doesn't love Texas? There is so much to love that is so lovable in Texas.

From MLK's Facebook I LOVE TEXAS heart photo I learned that there is an I LOVE TEXAS Facebook page.

On the I LOVE TEXAS Facebook page I learned what John Steinbeck thought about Texas via the I LOVE TEXAS Facebook page's page description...

"I Love Texas" is all about the Great State of Texas and why we love her! 

"Texas is a state of mind. Texas is an obsession. Above all, Texas is a nation in every sense of the word. A Texan outside of Texas is a foreigner." John Steinbeck

From the above we learn that, according to John Steinbeck, former Fort Worth native, MLK, is currently a foreigner.

MLK is temporarily returning to Fort Worth during the 4th of July time frame. I do not know if MLK's visit to Texas will be of long enough duration for her to lose her foreigner status.

1 comment:

CatsPaw said...

In the meantime, Foreigner played at the Flying Saucer backed up by members of the (Texan) Paschal choir and posed with (Texan) Betsy Price a couple of days ago.