Sunday, February 5, 2012

A Super Bowl Sunday Walk With The Village Creek Indian Ghosts While Chili Simmers

Village Creek Unpaved Trail
Around noon I felt the need to leave my giant simmering pot of Super Bowl Chili to go walk with the Native American Ghosts who haunt the Village Creek Natural Historical Area in Arlington.

I don't know if the Indian Ghosts were as cold as I was today.

Soon upon hitting the ground I found myself jogging to try and warm up.

It was barely 40 degrees when I communed with nature. Only 43, right now, about 2 and a half hours before the Super Bowl starts bowling.

I forgot to previously mention that last night I went to Wal-Mart to stock up on Super Bowl supplies. Saturday night is always, reliably, the most entertaining time to visit Wal-Mart.

Every once in awhile Betty Jo Bouvier emails me a collection of photos titled "People of Wal-Mart."

Last night, for the first time ever, I saw someone worthy of being in Betty Jo's "People of Wal-Mart" collection.

It was a plus-sized woman, walking with a man in army camouflage attire. The woman was wearing ultra-short shorts that left the lower third of her buttocks exposed. Almost all exposed flesh had tattoos, including the exposed part of the buttocks. A large area of her breast zone was also exposed. And tattooed.

When I described this appalling spectacle to someone later, I said if I were a cop I would have arrested her for indecent exposure.

This woman was walking out of Wal-Mart as I walked in. The looks on the faces of my fellow shoppers told me I was not the only person appalled at the spectacle.

Now, I must cease thinking about last night's spectacle at Wal-Mart and finish setting up the buffet table for my Super Bowl Party.

1 comment:

MLK said...

I love to look nice when I go to WalMart. Today I went there for a few items and dressed in skinny jeans, black tunic sweater, flats, lots of silver jewelry. Sort of fun to stand out among all the exposed blubber and tats. At least mine is covered up!