Thursday, February 11, 2010

The Snow Continues To Pile Up At 2 In The Afternoon In Fort Worth

That is the afternoon view from my patio window, coming up on 2 and hour 11 of the biggest snow storm to hit these parts of Texas in almost 3 decades.

So far we seem to have accumulated between 4 and 5 inches of the white stuff. If the forecast is accurate the freezing faucet should turn off around the 6 inch mark.

Currently, it is still freezing and still snowing hard, with big flakes.

Many people across the D/FW Metroplex are having themselves a Snow Day.

For instance, it appears Garth the Texan is home today, sending out dozens of blog comments, after consuming his doctor's order quota of Irish Coffee. I thought I remembered Garth the Texan telling me he did not like coffee, preferring Dr Pepper. I remember being appalled when I heard that, because I could not see the connection between that sickly sweet cherry flavored drink and coffee.

So, maybe Garth is drinking Irish Dr Pepper and slightly not following his doctor's orders. I assume since Garth's doctor prescribed Irish Whiskey to a diabetic, perennially prone to attacks of the vapors, that Garth's doctor must me one of those infamous Kermit doctors currently making the national/world news.

I could use some of Garth the Texans' Irish Coffee right about now. I'm cold. And going stir crazy. But I don't feel like going through the hassle of going cross country skiing again. It was not all that much fun, with no hills.

No comments: