Monday, March 23, 2009

Shopping For Info About The Shoppe

Anonymous does a lot of commenting on my blog. I think Anonymous is a Greek name, but I'm not sure of that. I also get comments from Stenotroph-omonas. That name sounds Greek to me, too.

This morning Anonymous commented about a blogging I wrote last year about the State Fair of Texas. In that blogging I mentioned the Western Washington State Fair, which is pretty much the State Fair of Washington, also known as The Puyallup (pronounced pew-al-up, the Puyallup are a Pacific Northwest Indian Tribe).

When I mentioned The Puyallup I also mentioned a band that I always made a point of making sure I heard, due to the band being very entertaining. The band's name was/is The Shoppe. They are/were from Dallas.

Anonymous's comment was about The Shoppe, commenting, "Hi, I agree with you about The Shoppe at the Puyallup. They were always fun to watch. They haven't been around for a few years. Do you know where they are?"

Well, I don't know where they are. The last time I went to The Puyallup was some time in the 1990s. I don't remember if I saw The Shopped that time or not.

When I Googled "Dallas band The Shoppe" all I got was an E-Bay auction of a The Shoppe LP album. For those of you reading this who are under 30, an LP album is what music used to be put on prior to CDs. LP's were these big vinyl circles, usually black, that had grooves in which a needle vibrated, turning the grooves into music. Yes, it was a very primitive method for listening to music.

So, does anyone in my current D/FW zone know what became of The Shoppe? Did they ever play at the State Fair of Texas? The Shoppe is/was better than anything I've heard at the State Fair of Texas. It wasn't just the music. They also did very good banter.

3 comments:

twister said...

It's not by any chance
The Lollipop Shoppe, is it?
http://www.myspace.com/lollipopshoppe
The fine line (a local music blog) makes mention of The LollipopShoppe and also calls them The Shoppe.
http://finelinelive.com/
She also has a separate blog,
http://lifeoutsidethebubble.com/
She's plugged into the local music scene, so it's likely she has an answer for you at the ready.

Anonymous said...

the shoppe is actually playing a reunion show at puyallup fair september 2012. 3 shows a day for the entire last week of the fair! it will be great!

Sweetheart Pages said...

For the first time in my life I heard The Shoppe band play at the Puyallup Fair in Washington this year, September 7-23, 2012. Not only was this group very musically talented but their on-stage banter was funny and quite entertaining. I bought two of their music CD's and love them. I hope this group comes again to the Puyallup Fair and next time I'll bring my friends.