Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Hotter N' Hell 100 In Wichita Falls

I was pleased to learn, this morning, that Gar the Texan has taken me up on my challenge that he get his scrawny self in good enough shape that he can be in Wichita Falls on Saturday, August 29 for the annual Hotter N' Hell Hundred.

Last year almost 12,000 people braved the HOT Texas August sun to ride their bikes for 100 miles in the Wichita Falls zone.

Wichita Falls is named for a little waterfall that long ago disappeared in a flood. So, so as not to confuse visitors, Wichita Falls built a fake falls that looks quite real. In a Disneyland sort of way.

Reading Gar the Texans' Blog this morning I was disheartened to read that his training program has not gotten off to a good start, with a case of the vapors popping out even before he got on his bike.

Despite my always optimistic nature, I fear boondoggle ahead as Gar the Texan continues to try and muster the energy to go outside without having a vapor attack. That boy was in much better shape before his more recent marriage. Why? I do not know.

Below is a YouTube video of me trying to catch up with Gar the Texan in Palo Duro Canyon. He was able to pedal fast back then, prior to his marital duties apparently keeping him in a state of exhaustion and the vapors.

1 comment:

Rat Trap Press said...

I've never been to the Palo Duro Canyon. Nice trail, I guess I'll have to make a trip out there someday.