Thursday, August 31, 2023

Microsoft Memories Of Oklahoma's Turner Falls


It has been a while since I have remembered all the memories in a Microsoft OneDrive look back at my memories for a particular day.

I do not remember if it was exactly on August 31, but do remember it was on an extremely HOT day in August that I visited Turner Falls Park for the first time.

I'd been in Texas a little over a year when we drove north to Oklahoma, to Turner Falls and the Arbuckle Mountains. At that point in time I had seen nothing remotely scenic in Texas, of the beautiful scenery sort, which I was used to seeing living in the Pacific Northwest.

A couple years after that first visit to Turner Falls I visited the Texas Hill Country for the first time and was pleased to see beautiful scenery of multiple types, such as Enchanted Rock.

Years ago I made a webpage about Turner Falls, and then later made a second Turner Falls webpage after a January visit which found Turner Falls in flood mode

In addition to the waterfall, Turner Falls Park also has caves to explore, trails to hike, swimming holes and a castle to explore.

Currently I think I may be living closer to Turner Falls than when I lived in the D/FW zone. I would be on board for a return visit to Turner Falls...

No comments: