Wednesday, August 16, 2023

Mid August Bare Naked Look At Mount Rainier


Saw that which you see here, this morning, on Facebook, via Washington's Miss Chris. I believe this look at Mount Rainier is looking at the Mountain from Tacoma. Perhaps from Point Ruston, near Point Defiance Park.

The Mount Rainier volcano looks like a giant version of the only mountain in the Texas town I am currently in, a manmade mountain I call Mount Wichita, but which is also known as Murphy's Hill.

It is a couple months before snow might start sticking to Mount Rainier. I do not recollect ever seeing the Mountain as bare naked of a frozen covering as what appears to be the case in this photo.

Mount Rainier is home to several glaciers. I assume the white which remains are those glaciers, with last winter's snow long melted.

The snow and any glaciers have long been gone from Mount Wichita. The nearest real mountain is hundreds of miles from my current location.

Unless one counts as real mountains the Wichita Mountains, which are located in Oklahoma, about 60 miles north of my Wichita Falls location...

No comments: