Tuesday, January 3, 2023

Wichita Falls Texas Mountain Range


Last night, when exiting Walmart, a short time before the sun finished its daily illumination duty I was surprised by the strangest cloud formation I ever remember seeing. 

The wall of clouds was west of my location, extending north and south to the horizon in both directions.

This wall of clouds looked very much like the Cascade Mountain range as viewed from the Western Washington lowlands.


In the above look at the cloud mountains, we are looking in a northwest direction. 

I kept expecting to see bolts of lightning from what looked like thunderclouds. But, I saw no electrical action.


 A few minutes later, I was back at my home location, with the sun almost gone, looking out my kitchen window at a southwest view of the wall of mountain clouds.

The setting sun view was the most mountain-like.

 I do not know what made all the spots on the photo. Does my kitchen window need a window cleaning?

No comments: