Saturday, January 7, 2023

Nature Communing At Shrinking Lake Wichita


This first Saturday of 2023 saw a temperature drop at my Texas location.

Yesterday, when I nature communed at Lucy Park, the temperature was in the 70s. Today, when I nature communed at Lake Wichita Park, the temperature was barely in the 50s. 

As you can see, Lake Wichita continues to shrink.

Normally, most of what you see in the foreground is covered with water. The water-less area has been water-free for so long that vegetation sprouted up and has turned brown due to being frozen.


It has been a long time since I have hiked to the summit of the closest thing in the area to Washington's Mount Rainier, known as Mount Wichita.

There are four or five trails to the summit of Mount Wichita. The trails have all turned a bit rough. Making the trails potential ankle twisters, best avoided. Or so I have decided...

No comments: