Tuesday, April 19, 2022

Unexpected Skagit Tulip Festival Visit To The Slotemaker Jones Family Compound

 

I saw that which you see above, yesterday, on Facebook.

When I saw the photo image I thought what a great pic of the Skagit Tulips, with Mount Baker hovering in the distance.

Then I read the comments and saw my little brother, Jake Slotemaker Jones, informing us that the house in the photo is owned by his oldest son, who also is my Favorite Nephew Jason, father of Spencer Jack, brother of my Favorite Nephew Joey, who is the father of Hank Frank.

Jake points out that Nephew Joey lives next door, on acreage just to the south, which we know as the Slotemaker Jones Family Compound, at the heart of the Skagit Valley Tulip Festival.

I do not know when, or if, Jason will be moving to the house he bought next door to his brother. Jason and Spencer Jack currently reside in a house in Mount Vernon, near Hillcrest Park, with Linda Lou being a nearby neighbor.

A couple months ago Jason told me I could stay in his Slotemaker Jones Family Compound house if I came up during the Skagit Tulip Festival time of the year. I indicated I would need an internet connection of the wi-fi sort and was assured that would be available. 

It has been several years, now, since I my eyes have seen any scenic scenery. Not since I was last in Arizona, back in July of 2019, have I seen anything scenic.

It is beginning to look unlikely that I will be heading to the Pacific Northwest this coming summer. A high school class reunion is scheduled which I have little interest in attending.

If I fly anywhere I am thinking it will be somewhere tropical where mangoes grow naturally...

No comments: