Saturday, April 16, 2022

Cold Saturday At Lucy Park With "Snow"


Yesterday was HOT, with the outer world heated into the mid 90s.

Overnight a cold front blew in, with a cool temperature in the low 60s when I communed with nature at Lucy Park this morning, an hour before noon.

I was not properly outfitted in sufficient outerwear to stay warm, what with a strong wind blowing that cold air.

So, I walked fast through the Lucy Park backwoods zone, hoping to warm up. 

Fast walking did not much help with that warming up plan.

But, as you see, via the photo documentation above, green has now replaced brown as the dominant color.

Walking along I was slightly startled when I saw what looked to be snow on the ground. I knew it was cold, but not a snow level of cold. And there is no way any snow could remain from the snow that fell in March, or so I thought.


I walked closer to take a picture of the "snow" on the ground. I am almost 100% certain this is some other white substance, other than snow.

I did not think it wise to touch the "snow" to see if it was cold...


No comments: