Thursday, July 1, 2021

Hoodoo-like Cairn With Wichita River Running High Along Wichita Bluff Nature Area Circle Trail


My motorized mechanical motion device took me and my bike to the west parking lot of the Wichita Bluff Nature Area today so we could do some HOT biking on the Circle Trail.

Above my bike has taken me way past the east entry to the WBNA, returning west after reaching the Circle Trail's east termination point. We stopped to take this photo of the Wichita River running high and reddish orange.

On the return to the aforementioned motorized mechanical motion device we stopped to pay homage to the latest incarnation of the Wichita Bluff Hoodoo-like Cairn.


Note the fine detail. The flying buttress arch on the right side of the structure. That is some high level engineering there.

I was fully sunscreened today. Made sure of that, because the section of the Circle Trail I rolled today has little shade.

Totally changing the subject. 

I have a strong aversion to hearing people say their thoughts and prayers are going out to this that or the other thing. This usually sounds so shallow to me. So trite. So cliché.

Well, I am not a praying type person, but I can say today my thoughts, or, well, more precisely, today I have been thinking about someone dear, up north in Washington, in the Skagit Valley, who is going through something today that has all of who know her thinking of her and hoping all goes well.

No comments: