Friday, July 23, 2021

Where In The PNW Are Theo & Ruby Mountain Climbing & Rappelling Cliffs?


Where in the PNW are Theo and Ruby was the question that came to my phone, along with two more photos, in addition to the one above, and a hint which said "They were at a day camp called Survival Week, run by our local Mountaineers Club."

The local Mountaineers Club hint would seem to have pointed me to nearby Mount Rainier, but that does not seem likely, because even with the drought and the heat waves one should still see some white frozen water if the twins were mountaineering near Washington's most famous mountain..

So, I guessed Mount Si, which is northeast of Tacoma a few miles, due east of Seattle and North Bend, made famous because of Twin Peaks and the Mar T Cafe with its cherry pie and coffee.

I have yet to learn if I have guessed correctly as to where the twins are in the PNW.

UPDATE: I have received a text message telling me I was correct in identifying where in the PNW Theo and Ruby were. Mount Si...


Survivor Week also included some rock climbing at the Mountaineers Club facility in Tacoma's Old Town. Above we see Ruby rappelling down a precipice.


While brother Theo is suspended partway down, or up, a cliff.

I thought, for sure, I would be up in Washington in the current time frame, adventuring with David, Theo and Ruby. And others. But, multiple things intervening rendered such to be not a reality. 

I do have a new bike, ready to mountain bike with the Tacoma Trio. It is a newfangled folding bike, making for easy transport, to haul northwest with me, when the time comes.

Which, I hope is someday soon...

No comments: