Wednesday, May 12, 2021

Learned To Remove S Biking Wichita Bluff Nature Area With Thunder Cracked Window


This morning I drove my bike to the east parking lot access to the Circle Trail on Loop 11. I had planned to roll my bike's wheels east on the Circle Trail to see what the current state of progress is of the construction of the link to the Circle Trail in Lucy Park.

But, the trail in that direction was blocked today by jackhammering on the trail near the parking lot.

So, instead of east I headed west to the Wichita Bluff Nature Area, where I realized today, upon seeing the entry sign, that I have been erroneously adding an 's' to Bluff.

Apparently this is only one Wichita Bluff.

I think I turned the Bluff plural because there is more than one instance of the trail going up and down on what I assumed were separate bluffs.

Anyway, I had myself a mighty fine time doing some speeding bike riding. And I managed to have on the right amount of clothing. With the temperature in the high 50s, and a wind blowing from the north, sweatpants and a long sleeved t-shirt kept me from getting too chilly.

Blue sky is scheduled to return tomorrow.

Yesterday's thunderstorm did damage.

Damage to my abode. 

A strike of lightning and the simultaneous clap of thunder felt like an earthquake, vibrating the floor and walls. And cracking the glass in one of my kitchen windows.

It has been over 20 years since I have experienced a real earthquake. I never felt any of the fracking quakes with plagued the D/FW area when the Barnett Shale earth poking was going on.

1 comment:

Cowtown Crude said...

that I have been erroneously adding an 's' to Bluff.

You also incorrectly refer to cairns as hoodoos.

Cairns - a mound of rough stones built as a memorial or landmark, typically on a hilltop or skyline. Man-made

Hoodoos - shafts of rock that protrude from the bottom of arid basins. Naturally occurring.

A recent episode of Jeopardy! included a clue with cairns as the answer.