Thursday, January 16, 2020

Skagit Valley Forrester's Burlington Snow Buries Linda Lou's Mount Vernon

My old home zone of the Skagit Valley is also home to a lot of trees.

Big trees.

Big forests of big trees.

Currently my old home zone of the Skagit Valley, and its big forests of big trees, is covered by a lot of snow.

Via Facebook, from my favorite Skagit Valley Forrester, I saw that which you see here.

Photo documentation of the current thick white blanket covering much of Western Washington.

In the comment accompanying the photo my favorite Skagit Valley Forrester opined that "I think Burlington got a lot more snow than Mt. Vernon."

When I saw the above photo I was on the phone with the Skagit Valley's Linda Lou, who was calling from her home location in Mount Vernon, about two blocks from Spencer Jack's primary Mount Vernon location.

Linda Lou reported her location in the Hillcrest zone of Mount Vernon has been covered with about 10 inches of the frozen white stuff. And that a strong wind was blowing with some drifting activity underway, along with a snow jogger running by as we phone chatted.

I have not received a snow report from Mount Vernon's Spencer Jack and his primary paternal parental unit. Or from the Skagit Flats' Hank Frank and his paternal parental unit.

Nor have I received a snow report from Tacoma's David, Theo and Ruby or their parental units.

Though I have been told by other Tacoma-ites that the Tacoma zone did not get hit as deeply as other parts of Western Washington.

Yet.

More snow is predicted to be on the way...

No comments: