Monday, January 27, 2020

Wichita County Medical Alliance Hamilton Park WCMA Installation


Today when my bike wheels rolled off the Circle Trail into Hamilton Park I saw that which you see above, installed since last I was at this location.

Upon first glance I thought the letters YMCA were what I was seeing, with the song associated with those four letters popping into internal play.

When I got close to the towering sign I saw that each big letter explained what word was being represented by the letter.

Wichita County Medical Alliance

Now I was aware that this particular alliance was responsible for the building of the imaginative playground installation you see behind the sign.

But, methinks whoever was given the job of designing this sign did so on a computer, chose a big font size, not realizing how BIG the scaled full size version would be. The order then was sent from the designing computer to whoever built the sign, who built it without inquiring if whoever was paying for it really wanted the sign to be so BIG.

Long before last summer arrived I remember reading that the Wichita County Medical Alliance was planning on building a water playground adjacent to the installation behind the big sign. But, so far there has been no sign of that water playground...

No comments: