Sunday, October 5, 2014

Getting Around A Yellow Caution In The Village Creek Natural Historical Area

That is not yellow crime scene tape blocking the way to the Village Creek Dam Bridge in Arlington's Village Creek Natural Historical Area.

That is yellow caution scene tape. I walked around the yellow caution scene tape in search of the source of the need for caution.

You'll have to watch the video below to see the only thing I saw that might have caused some need to be cautious.

I drove to Village Creek intending to ride my bike. But, upon arrival and in the removal from the vehicle process I discovered the front tire was flat again.

So I opted to walk.

I was not long into the walking option when I saw that I likely would not have enjoyed riding my bike at this location today. Lots of wind damage from Thursday's storm with a lot of trees down and remnants of trees on the paved trail, which would have prohibited fast wheel rolling.


A tree between the picnic table and the Village Creek Blue Bayou Overlook toppled on to the Overlook.

Today was the first time in a long time I did not get HOT whilst walking in the Village Creek zone. This morning with the temperature of the air being around 60 the pool was not that cool. Even so, it was a bit bracing upon entry, with quick acclimation.

Below is the video of the only thing I saw that might explain yellow caution scene tape...

No comments: