Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Walking In The Rain Around Quanah Parker Park On The Way To Town Talk Thinking About Time Wounding All Heels

A River Called Trinity Flows Through Quanah Parker Park
Today is Wednesday. Since today is Wednesday and since I am a creature of deeply embedded habit, it is clearly obvious, to anyone paying any attention at all, that today I would go somewhere and walk.

And then go to Town Talk.

During the noon time frame scheduled walking period the temperature was balmy, approaching 70.

And the sky was dripping wet stuff.

I decided to take a short walk in Quanah Parker Park on my way to Town Talk.

In the picture you are not looking at a serene lake. That is a river. The extremely slow moving Trinity River, flowing east, past Quanah Parker Park. I thought the Trinity River presented a rather bucolic scenic scene today.

I like bucolic scenic scenes.

As I walked today, admiring the bucolic scenic scenes, I pondered how true it is, the ancient saying that says "Time Heals All Wounds and Wounds All Heels."

Today I heard from someone up north telling me about the wounding of one particular Tacoma Heel.

I can not pretend that this wounding is/was not well deserved.

I heard on the radio that thunder is booming to the west of my location.

With these warm temperatures and rain, I suspect I will see some lightning strikes and hear some thunder booming before the day is over.

No comments: