Thursday, December 29, 2011

The Last Thursday Of 2011 In Mourning Over The Unexpected Death Of Cheetah The Chimpanzee

The pool view via the bars of my patio prison cell makes the pool look good for pooling. But it is way too cool to pool on this early morning of the last Thursday of 2011.

I've been expecting a box of cookies from the kitchen of my mom and dad. I check the mail each day and find no box. I think it is about time to give up hope and realize someone purloined my cookies.

Changing the subject from missing cookies to shocking dead celebrity news.

I was surprised to learn this morning that until December 24 Cheetah the world's most famous chimpanzee was still alive. Cheetah, Tarzan and Jane's sidekick from the most popular of the Tarzan movies, filmed way back in the 1930s, died the day before Christmas from kidney failure.

Cheetah was 80 years old.

I don't know if Cheetah married and had children. That information was not included in the obituary.

Cheetah lived out his final years in and old folks home for monkeys in Palm Harbor, Florida called the Suncoast Primate Sanctuary.

Will Cheetah's be the last celebrity death of the year? Will Cheetah be included in the "In Memory" part of next year's Academy Awards? I guess time will answer these important questions.

I wish I could say I am going swimming now, but I can't.

No comments: