Saturday, October 15, 2011

Checking Out The Watering Schedule At The Tandy Hills Today While Not Picking Any Good Strawberries

Lawn Whisperer Water Schedule Sign
The past couple weeks I've noticed signs popping up on lawns in various locations. I knew the signs had the Lawn Whisperer on them, but I'd not had a chance to see one of the Lawn Whisperer's signs up close til today when I parked on View Street to hike into the Tandy Hills hoping some sanatorium time would help mitigate some of what ails me.

Does anyone actually take this Stage 1 Watering Schedule serious? Is there some Water Gestapo monitoring people's water use?

Chesapeake Energy got into trouble with the City of Arlington due to some bad water behavior involving the fracking of one of their gas wells.

Methinks a lot of people distrust the water info the local official water info purveyors purvey, with the percentage of total consumption the Tarrant Regional Water District claims is used for fracking, just does not seem to be reasonable to most reasonable people. Claiming something like 68% of water goes to keeping lawns green while the millions upon millions of gallons of water used for fracking only amounts to a couple percent of total water used.

Anyway, hiking the Tandy Hills made me feel a little better, with the aerobic activity causing some endorphins to enter my blood stream and slightly alleviate the pain in my aching joints. Doing some heavy breathing also seems to have slightly improved this allergy/asthma thing I've got going on.

I got strawberries today at Town Talk. When am I ever going to learn that the strawberries with the name Driscoll's on the box, from California, do not taste like what I expect a strawberry to taste like? I have not had a real strawberry since July of 2008, when I was in Washington.

No comments: