Monday, August 3, 2009

Hiking At Fort Worth's Best Place To Stand & Camp

Today was my first time at the Tandy Hills Natural Area in awhile. The Hills needed to dry out from our recent deluges.

All that wet from Mama Nature has brought about little bursts of green where a wildfire had turned the prairie black a few weeks ago.

I saw only one other human standing on Fort Worth's best place to stand today.

Earlier today I was lamenting about all the places I used to stand on in Washington. As much as I like the Tandy Hills and as much as I think they are a rather unique location in an urban zone, it really is due to a shortage of great places to stand that this is the best place to stand in Fort Worth.

Today I came upon something I'd never seen at the Tandy Hills before. Someone had set up a tent. Maybe the person figured if this was the best place to stand it must also be the best place to camp. I don't know. The conditions are rather primitive.

There is running water, in the form of creeks, but this campsite was not near any of the creeks. I did not look in the tent to see if there were campers inside.

No comments: