Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Getting Drunk With Sam Houston Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whisky For My Birthday

In the previous blogging I said I found 2 keys in my P.O. Box that rendered a BIG BOX and a not quite as big envelope.

The BIG BOX said it contained heat sensitive material.

When I opened the BIG BOX I was greeted by what appeared to be thousands of white Styrofoam puffy things. Reaching in, carefully, I pulled out something wrapped in plastic that felt cold.

After struggling for awhile with the complex wrapping I came to a freezer pack. I then unlocked another package and inside that were 3 more boxes.

Those are the boxes in the picture. One is Texas Espresso Coffee Non-Alcohol Liquid Center Chocolates. Another is Sam Houston Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whisky Liquid Center Chocolates. The third is Poteet County Sweet Reserve Blackberry Wine Chocolates.

I can't figure out how to open the cool looking little boxes without breaking the label. This must be the final packaging puzzle.

I'm sure you are wondering who could possibly be so kind as to send me these goodies. Well, these came to me courtesy of that fountain of kindness, the West Texas Monarch known as the Queen of Wink.

Thanks.

Yikes! I broke the box opening code. Sam Houston's Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whisky came as quite a jolt as soon as the chocolate melted. That was good. I don't know if I should have another. I'm feeling a bit tipsy. Oh my, I had another. Those are good, but when that chocolate breaks and the flood of whisky gets out. Wow. Never have had something like this before. Must stop at two. For now. It's not even 5 yet. Scandalous.

11 comments:

cd0103 said...

Yummy! Who makes these?

Durango said...

cd0103---
All three chocolates are made by Quintessential Chocolates Co., Inc.
Fredericksburg, TX 78624
800.842.3382
info@chocolat-tx.us
www.chocolat-tx.us

Anonymous said...

HUMMM...
I THINK YOU SHOULD MARRY THE QUEEN OF WINK WOMAN. I LURED MY HUSBAND WITH MY GOURMET COOKING. HUMM...

Cheap Tricks and Costly Truths said...

Anonymous, that will never happen, Mr. Durango has a way of weaseling out of things...you know, to mask his fear of commitment.

Durango said...

This from a woman who has been married 6, or is it 7, times.

twister said...

dayum!

Durango said...

Mister Twister----You're right on target. Dayum!

Cheap Tricks and Costly Truths said...

True...true, there have been so many. One should really know the truth about the Queen of Wink, you see...she's had such a sordid past that I fear she just isn't proper or wholesome enough for the gallant Durango.

Durango said...

More details, please, Miss CT2, of this sordid past of which you speak.

Cheap Tricks and Costly Truths said...

Oh, Mr. Durango, I shan't air the dirty laundry of the Queen of Wink in this public forum...although her past may lead others to deduce she's improper, and a bit tainted...She's actually very well mannered.

Durango said...

I like how the Queen of Wink has the "Royal We" down pat, always referring to her highness in the 3rd person.