Monday, September 24, 2012

The Ozone In The Air That I Breathe Has Gone From Bad To Good So I Went Walking

The Air Quality Alert that has been alerting the part of the planet on which I reside ceased doing its alerting this morning.

The air has gone from bad to good. Well, the ozone problem part of the air has gone from bad to good. The pollen problem remains extreme.

I don't know if my allergic woes are ozone or pollen related or a combo of both, but with the ozone problem no longer being bad, I decided to risk breathing outdoor air via walking around Fosdick Lake in Oakland Lake Park.

I was a bit clogged up on the drive to Fosdick Lake. By the time I was done walking I was no longer clogged up. Now that I am back in air-conditioned comfort, clogging has returned. Maybe I'm allergic to air-conditioning.

As you can see in the picture above, a herd of Fosdick turtles was enjoying the respite from bad air by having a sunning session on their favorite log. Usually the Fosdick turtles are spooked as soon as they hear my camera make its chirping noise. But not today. The Fosdick turtles posed cooperatively.

Steve A pointed me to a Air North Texas website where I learned all sorts of things about ozone and North Texas Air. On the website you can sign up for email alerts which will alert me when the air that I breathe goes bad. So far I have not been alerted.

2 comments:

Marie said...

The turtle shot made my Monday. Look at that cute little guy on the end! Special creatures,those turtles.

Glad you're feeling better, Durango!

Steve A said...

Those turtles ARE cool!