Sunday, February 12, 2012

The Sunny 2nd Sunday Morning Of February Is My Sister's Happy Birthday

I am up well after the arrival of the sun on this sunny 2nd Sunday of the 2nd month of 2012.

Currently it is 27 degrees in the outer world at my location. Same temperature as yesterday morning. And just like yesterday morning, that local purveyor of misinformation, the Fort Worth Star-Telegram, is misreporting the temperature as being 56 degrees.

A possible ice storm is on its way for Monday morning. I do not like ice storms. I never experienced an ice storm until I experienced Texas.

Changing the subject from ice storms to something else.

On this day many years ago my sister who now lives in Arizona was born. At that point in time the hospital where babies were born was one street over from where we lived. I remember me and my two other siblings sitting on the curb of Fairhaven Avenue in Burlington waiting for our dad to come to a window and show us our new baby sister.

All these years later I'm sitting here wondering why me and my siblings had to sit on the curb and did not just get to go in the hospital to see our new baby sister.

I must try and remember to call my sister today. I am not sure but I think she may be up in Washington at this point in time.

1 comment:

CatsPaw said...

You and your siblings sat on the curb because back then, you were seen as germ vectors. Fathers were not commonly in delivery rooms either ... awaiting the news with other pacing fathers-to-be - and their cigars - in a waiting room.