Thursday, February 23, 2012

The HOTTEST Day Of The New Year Walking With The Turtles Of Fosdic Lake

The Fresh Mowed Fosdic Lake Lawn
It is really being a really good thing to be back feeling almost like my old really healthy self.

I think this return to feeling good is being helped by the relatively balmy temperature in the outer world.

My walk today around Fosdic Lake in Oakland Lake Park was heated to 77 degrees, heading to a predicted high today in the 80s.

If I was still living in Washington and it was in the 80s, today everyone would be whining about wilting in the incredibly HOT heat wave.

But, I am not in Washington, so I don't whine these days when the sun heats the outer world to the 80 degree zone. I don't whine in Texas, about the temperature, in Texas, til it goes over the 110 zone.

Dozens of people and turtles were enjoying the sun at Oakland Lake Park today. The turtles seemed particularly happy and were not being at all skittish.

The Oakland Lake Park grass is being mowed today. I'd forgotten how good fresh mowed grass smells on a warm winter day.

My attempt to go swimming today was aborted after going from the shallow end to the deep end without feeling like there was an indication I was going to quickly acclimate to the temperature. I may make another attempt tomorrow morning, due to it getting HOT here today.

2 comments:

CatsPaw said...

I want to see a picture of the turtles walking with you.

Durango said...

CatsPaw, the turtles are very shy. If they hear the chirp-like beep of the camera turning on they start running. It is a myth that turtles are slow. When they want to move fast, they do.