Wednesday, February 1, 2012

The Dawn Of The First Day Of February Thinking About Occupying A Woodshed

Looking through the bars of my patio prison cell you can see that the arrival of the sun on the first day of the second month of the new year of 2012 is shining through a clear blue sky.

It is currently 52 degrees in the outer world at my location. This means the 24 hour temperature average has been over 50.

Before I re-calculated my swimming temperature requirements I would have consider this a sufficient temperature average to warrant getting in the water of that turquoise colored swimming pool that daily taunts me.

Late this afternoon an untold number of aggravated citizens will be occupying Tim Love's Woodshed Smokehouse to protest the sweetheart deal given to him by J.D. Granger and the Trinity River Vision Boondoggle.

Because there is no open transparency in the dealings of J.D. Granger and the Trinity River Vision Boondoggle, the "story" of how it was that Tim Love got this sweetheart deal and who, exactly, gave it to him, has been as shifty as any other Tall Texas Tale.

I do not know, right now, if I will be among the Woodshed Occupiers. I do know I am not going to go swimming in a few minutes.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Look into joining a local Y that has an indoor pool.