Monday, December 12, 2011

Walking Around Another Lake Fosdic Tree Before Learning The Durango Tree Is On Rantwick In Canada While Talking Way Too Long To My Dad

Fosdic Trees Overlooking Fosdic Lake & Fosdic Dam
Due to the lack of swimming induced salubrious aerobic stimulation, because the cold temperatures are not heating my swimming pool sufficiently to make getting immersed in water a doable thing, I decided today to see if jogging might be a fitting substitute.

I went to Oakland Lake Park to jog around Fosdic Lake and quickly decided I did not think I wanted to return to being a jogger.

A few weeks ago someone told me what type trees those are in the picture. But, the addled state of my brain's memory retention has forgotten.

Last week I took a picture of a Fosdic Lake tree and put it on my blog. That tree is now known, in Canada, as the "Durango Tree."

After I put the picture of the aforementioned tree on my blog, Steve A asked if he could submit it to the Canadian National Best Fall Foliage Tree Contest.

I said sure.

Next thing I know the tree picture is on the Canadian Rantwick website with verbiage that had a bit of an imaginative explanation of how the "Durango Tree" ended up in Canada.

The Tree Contest will be judged by visitors to a London mall. That is London, Ontario, not the one in England.

The prize for the Tree Winner is an authentic bottle of Canadian Maple Syrup. I told Steve A if the "Durango Tree" wins I am giving the syrup to him. Steve A told me I could keep it because syrup is banned on his Atkin's Diet.

Changing the subject from trees to my dad's birthday.

After I gave up on jogging I got on the freeway to go to Sam's Club. On the way I called my dad to wish him a Happy Birthday. Dad answered the phone, which is very rare. My mom is the phone answerer. I'd not talked to my dad in awhile. He was being very chatty. So many questions.

After I don't know how long my dad finally ran out of things to talk about.

I then called my oldest sister to remind her that today is dad's birthday and to warn her that he is being very talkative. My sister told me she was aware of this and so she sent her birthday wishes via text message.

2 comments:

CatsPaw said...

Today's trees look like bald cypress to me. Are the leaves thin - more like an evergreen?

Durango said...

CatsPaw, the leaves re like an evergreen, and thin. I think that is what I was told before, a cypress tree.