Friday, December 9, 2011

In Arlington Visiting The Veterans Park Soldier & Ducks While Thinking About Having Pho Soup With Fort Worth's Lone Ranger

The Soldier Overlooking
The Veterans Park Memorial Today
Earlier today I blogged that I was likely going to the Village Creek Natural Historic Area in Arlington on my way to Pantego.

On the way to Pantego I changed my mind and went to Veterans Park, also in Arlington.

On the way to Arlington I needed gas. As my one longtime reader knows, when I get gas I call my mom.

I had had my phone off this morning due being in the middle of the most complicated website project I've worked on in years and not liking getting distracted, due to my Adult Attention Deficit Disorder.

So, I turned on my phone and saw I had a voice mail or two. I listened to the voice mails before calling my mom. After listening to the voice mails the phone started beeping to let me know the battery was about to go dead.

So, I did not call my mom to tell her I got gas.

Veteran Ducks & Their Babies
One of the voice mails was from Fort Worth's Lone Ranger. The Lone Ranger said he was going to be in the East Fort Worth zone and thought it'd be fun to meet up with me at Village Creek to visit the Indian Ghosts. I think something was also said about having made a big pot of Vietnamese Pho Soup to consume whilst sitting at one of the Village Creek picnic tables.

I was in mercenary high speed mode today, wanting to get back to my abode and computer with a minimum amount of time spent in Pantego and Arlington.

And that is what I did. I just realized I did not plug the phone into the recharger upon my return. And right at this point in time I don't exactly know where it is.

I tell you, AADD is not an easy thing to live with.....

1 comment:

The Prince said...

Considering the way you've been feeling, plus today's sort of bleery weather, and your hectic schedule I think a warm refreshing bowl of Vietnamese noodle soup (also called "Pho")would have done you good. Let the rest of us know, the next chance you get a chance to partake some of that tasty food---whether with the Lone Ranger, or Tonto, or the godfather, or the don.....even the now famous ranting local Facebook "Pub Nazi" (my term for him).