Saturday, December 10, 2011

Back On The Tandy Hills Thinking About Cutting Myself, Soy Yogurt & Driving Like An Old Lady

The Wide Open Prairie Of Fort Worth Texas
I was back on the Tandy Hills today for the first time since the recent deluge fell on this formerly parched part of the planet.

In the picture it looks fairly dry on the open prairie.

Looks are deceiving.

Soft, muddy spots remain. But not too muddy.

On the main trail on to the hills, from View Street, what appears to be the hooves of a horse have made a series of indents in the trail. The horse must have ventured on to the hills whilst mud was still the predominant feature.

I had good treasure hunting at Town Talk today. Vanilla Yogurt made from Soy Milk was the thing I got today I'd never heard of. I have already sampled it and it is good.

When I got back to my abode I went into making lunch mode. I was using my guillotine/mandoline slicing thing to slice rounds of sweet potatoes to roast into healthy pseudo potato chips, when I sliced my thumb.

Due to the fact that the blade on the guillotine is so sharp, the wound is nicely sliced. There was no pain. And it was fairly easy to stop the bleeding.

Have I ever mentioned that I has always been a bit of a hazard with knives? I have a bad habit of trying to be fast, which turns me into a hazard at times.

This habit of trying to be fast does not apply to how I drive any form of motorized vehicular transport. I always drive like a very sedate old lady. This is why no matter how bad traffic gets I never get flustered. I just say in my very sedate old lady frame of mind and glide through the situation effortlessly.

I probably should go clean up the blood on the kitchen floor before it dries up. It looks like a crime scene in there.

1 comment:

Bob said...

So did you notice all the workers and work going on around the Chesapeake gas well site down the hill on Scott Ave. and along the I-30 right-of-way? I might be wrong but it looks like the workers are clearing trees and digging trenches to lay gas pipeline about 8-inches in diameter (a pile was stacked near the Hope Church on Beach St.) Is this the actual CHK gas pipeline that was originally intended to be placed under the front yards of Carter Ave. homes? Before we moved away from that neighborhood, we read that the Carter Ave. pipeline was supposed to have been built in November 2008, as soon as the last hold-out was subdued in eminent domain court procedures. BUT THAT'S THREE YEARS AGO. Can you shed any light on my state of confusion regarding this infamous pipeline and the fight against it?