Thursday, October 27, 2011

Who Thinks The Texas State Attorney General Should Look Into TRWD/TRVA Business Practices, Woodsheds & J.D. Granger?

Tim Love's Unopened Woodshed
Earlier this month, October 5 to be precise, my favorite tipster named Beale sent me a composite photo he had made of pictures he'd taken of Tim Love's new Woodshed restaurant and remodeling done recently to J.D. Granger's house.

I  blogged about this in a blogging titled An Anonymous Look at JD Granger's House Improvements & Tim Love's New Woodshed Restaurant.

I was told the reason J.D. Granger bailed on appearing at October 12's Trinity River Vision Discussion Forum, at Fort Worth's Botanic Garden, was because he did not like pictures of his house showing up on the Internet, and he did not want to answer questions about his house's remodeling's resemblance to Tim Love's Woodshed.

Now, when I heard this I thought this to be highly unlikely as the reason J.D. bailed. Because, if it were, how was it that this information as to J.D.s reason for bailing was attained?

Well, I have heard from Beale again.

Today Beale is telling me that the similarities between the J.D. house and the TRWD Annex near Northside Drive are even more striking than the resemblance to Tim Love's Woodshed. What can we conclude from this? I really don't know.

Beale also told me that the Woodshed cost $1.2 million and that currently three entities, (Tim Love, Tarrant Regional Water District and Trinity River Vision Authority) are at odds over something, which is why the Woodshed sits on the bank of the Trinity River, unopened.

The most interesting thing, to me, that Beale told me today, has nothing to do with J.D. Granger, the Trinity River Vision or Tim Love's Woodshed.

I was unable to confirm this via Google searching, but Beale says that the Fort Worth Star-Telegram's Bud Kennedy has actually been in the Trinity River. Not on one of J.D. Granger's Rockin' the River Inner Tube Happy Hour Floats, but by other means.

Beale says a few years ago Bud Kennedy was driving on an icy road, lost control and ended up in the Trinity River. His girlfriend, at the time, a woman who must have had superhuman strength, somehow managed to pull super hefty Bud Kennedy from his car and get him safely to dry land.

Beale tells me that his source for the TRWD/TRVA info thinks the Attorney General of Texas should be persuaded to look into these governmental entities' business practices because the "Woodshed deal stinks.As does the rest of the TRV debacle."

Those of you who haven't been paying attention, TRV are the initials for Trinity River Vision, also known as Trinity River Vision Boondoggle (TRVB), a vision that has already seen the world's premiere wakeboarding lake being a world class attraction.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't know what to make of the Bud Kennedy rumor you posted. It sounds like your source Beale has an axe to grind. That said, if a crash report was filed it wouldn't be under the name Bud Kennedy since Bud is only a nickname.

Keep Calm


And carry on

Anonymous said...

Woodshed? I think the new restaurant should be called Shady Granger's Boondoggle Grill.

Brad Reid said...

Just to set a few things straight, I just sold my home next door to J.D.'s home last May (I built it in 2004/5) and J.D. and his wife bought the old home there several years later at an auction. The Grangers then remodeled the home using a remodeler whom had done a lot of work for various folks at the D.A.'s office, as I recall, where J.D. once worked. Anyway, the extensive work done at Granger's home was done years before this Trinity River facility was built . . . and by a different contractor.

Second, I personally watched J.D. landscape his yard, and actually made the recommendation as to the sort of landscaping ornamental grass to employ (Miscanthus Sinensis) in his landscape, other plants too, and I know he bought it from a retail establishment, and planted it himself. I saw him. If someone is suggesting that he received the plants and the landscaping for free, they'd be very wrong.

Finally, I never saw ANY evidence that J.D. used any labor directed from the river project, any materials, plants, etc. On the contrary, what I saw was a dude who spent countless hours terracing his own backyward . . . often with a friend. You can dislike J.D., that's okay, but he was one heck of a good neighbor, so was Martha, with great kids.

My take! Brad Reid