Wednesday, October 26, 2011

I Was Forbidden To Swim Today At Fort Worth's Cowtown Wakeboard Park

Metal Contraption At Cowtown Wakeboard Park
I got my first look at the completed Cowtown Wakeboard Park today on my way back to my abode from the Stockyards.

I believe this is the first thing that has anything to do with the Trinity River Vision Boondoggle to have been completed and fully functioning.

To get to the Cowtown Wakeboard Park you exit Northside Drive to a road that leads to a parking lot that overlooks the pond.

No one was wakeboarding today. I don't know why. I had myself a perfectly pleasant swim this morning.

There was one guy high above the water, doing something on that metal arm you see in the picture. There is a network of wires that surround the pond, making up the mechanism that propels the wakeboarders through the water. I assume.

The Cowtown Wakeboard Park has an unfinished look to it. No landscaping. Many of the structures have a temporary/cheap look to them. There is one building. I assume it must be a restroom or maybe a changing room. Or maybe where you buy your wakeboarding ticket.

No Swimming If You Fall Off Your Wakeboard
My reaction to seeing this was if this is indicative of what the quality level is going to be with the other stuff the Trinity River Vision is seeing, well, it will not be a good thing to look at.

There is a "NO SWIMMING NO LIFEGUARD ON DUTY" sign visible from the Cowtown Wakeboard Park's parking lot.

What are you supposed to do if you fall off your wakeboard if you are not allowed to swim? Very perplexing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good observation by a guy on roller blades. Thats sarcasm