Thursday, October 20, 2011

Hiking The Tandy Hills Without Moammar Gadhafi Haunting The Planet

Giant Tandy Tire Number Two
Today is the first time I've gone hiking on the Tandy Hills without the malevolent presence of Moammar Gadhafi being on the planet.

I did not notice the absence of Moammar Gadhafi making the Tandy Hills any more peaceful than its usual peacefulness.

The way things are going for corrupt, evil dictators I think if that were my business I'd be doing some quick reforming to try and save my sorry hide.

Methinks the former dentist who's dictates dictate to Syrians is the next dictator toppler.

On a totally different from dictating note.

I came across another GIANT tire on the Tandy Hills today. Actually it was on the Tandy Highway, not a Tandy Hill.

For quite some time, I'd not walked the stretch of Tandy Highway that runs from Tandy Falls to the south trail that runs to the top of Mount Tandy. It was on that section of highway, between those two landmarks, that I came upon the GIANT tire, you see in the picture, blocking the road.

The temperature today has gone from being a few chilly degrees above freezing to one degree shy of 70. Near perfect.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm pretty sure it is the same tire as Tire Number One, and just appears to be Tire Number Two by virtue of its having (by itself or with help) moved a bit northwest (a direction with which you are obviously familiar). It has been lollygagging in its new spot for a while now.

And while we are in Tandy Hills, how come no pictures of the monument taking shape at the junction where the North Trail Up The Hill and South Trail Up The Hill merge into The Trail Up The Hill? The little horse on wheels has been joined by golf balls, an electric cable insulator, and a really large hollowed-out bone. If you've been taking the New Trail Up The Hill Recently Hewn By City Workers, then you would miss the newest art installation, thus explaining the lack of pictures.

(Which is fine by me since encouraging artists by noticing what they do can lead to unpredictable results, not all of which are pleasant.)

Durango said...

Anonymous, I've not walked by the apparently growing Tandy Horse Shrine of late.

But, yesterday I did walk by the original Giant Tire, still wearing a baseball cap, and then later came upon the new Giant Tire. So, there are two GIANT Tires currently on the Tandy Hills.