Friday, May 20, 2011

Walking With The Ghosts Along Arlington's Humid Village Creek Wildflowers

Til today, I had had no aerobic activity of the hiking sort since Tuesday.

I could not go swimming this morning due to the pool being shocked with chemicals.

Rain fell this morning, ruling out the Tandy Hills.

By noon I could take being cooped up no longer, so I took off to the Village Creek Natural Historic Area in Arlington.

The humidity was high before the rain. The humidity went super high after the rain. It was very windy whilst walking under the trees of Village Creek. The wind caused blobs of water to fall from the trees. That was a bit refreshing.

I like being outside when it is hot. I do not like being outside when it is humid.

I did not walk for long. Maybe 2 miles, tops. But, I feel better now, even though I don't think I aerobicized enough to generate any endorphin activity.

The Village Creek wildflowers, in the Village Creek Wildflower Area, were being much more colorful today than the last time I was in this area.

When I tried to take a close up picture of the bright red flower, in macro mode, I could not get a clear picture. So, I gave up and walked away, thinking something had gone wrong with my camera.

Then, as I walked away I remembered the first pictures I took of the Wildflower Area had been in zoom mode, which renders macro mode not macro-ing correctly.

So, I walked back to the Wildflower Area, got down on the ground and this time managed to take a clear picture of the bright red wildflower.

Lately I think I'm being distracted, without realizing it. I seem to be making dumb mistakes, like today's with the camera, with disturbing frequency.

6 comments:

Cheap Tricks and Costly Truths said...

Imagine my surprise finding a grammatical error in Time while reading today, but I am SHOCKED, I tell ya, to find an error in your writing :-)

Durango said...

CT2---By the time I was in my 4th re-reading of that blogging I was starting to think you were playing a sadistic mind game on me, knowing how I obsess over such things. And then I found the error.

I tell you, just like I said in that blogging, I am out of control with the mistake making.

Durango said...

CT2----Forgot to add, congrats on the new bike and the ambitious plan to pedal it from Wink to Kermit. And I forgot to thank you for finding that horrendous error.

CatsPaw said...

My, my, you *were* Mr Crabby this morning. (Yes, actually, Sundance Square *is* bustling compared to the late 70s when I arrived here. It needs to bustle more and apartments normal people could afford would certainly help.)

Pretty photos. Hope your walkabout did boost your mood.

My distraction of late doesn't seem to manifest so much in mistakes but inaction. There are too many things competing for attention and somedays, I can't settle on which to do first. So I do the minimum and tell myself I'll do better tomorrow. My incessant night owlness doesn't help either.

I'll do better ... Monday. (If I'm not exhausted from looting the homes of ascended believers.)

Durango said...

CatsPaw, I tell you, it is a living hell, this getting older thing. I was crabby this morning. Now I need to go back and re-read what I wrote this morning, to see how bad my crabbiness was. You'd think I could remember what I wrote just a few hours ago. Wouldn't you? All I recollect is I know I was not too flattering about downtown Fort Worth. And Sundance Square.

Cheap Tricks and Costly Truths said...

Oh, I'd never play a mind game with you, I adore you way too much. My bike is being delivered this morning just in time for the big scavenger hunt :-)