Monday, November 30, 2009

East Fort Worth Wal-Mart Taken Over By Birds

I think a remake of Alfred Hitchcock's The Birds may be being filmed down at my local neighborhood Wal-Mart Supercenter.

As I drove towards Wal-Mart I made note of a large glowing object in the late in the day sky. I wondered if this could possibly be the "Special Star" I blogged about earlier today, that is supposed to herald the second coming of Buddha, known as Maitreya.

As I pulled into the Wal-Mart parking lot it did look like something supernatural was happening. I have never seen so many birds in one location. I am talking thousands of birds.

Birds in the air, in trees, lining the roof of Wal-Mart and Sam's Club. Birds on cars, one huge group of maybe 1000 standing on an open spot til spooked, causing a mad chain reaction. After the mad chain reaction the birds re-roost til re-stirred.

People were running into Wal-Mart like they were in The Birds, hands over head for protection.

The birds made a cacophony of noise that added to the surreal scene. Why do these birds hang out at a busy with humans and cars zone? Why not go to a nearby park like Village Creek Natural Historic Area?

I must turn on CNN now and see if Maitreya is having that promised televised news conference to announce his coming to America along with his bright star.

And, apparently huge herds of birds.

2 comments:

Galen said...

When I was in college at Rice U in Houston, those birds used to roost in the many trees on campus during the winter months. Oh, my gosh, it was awful. They came in at dusk every evening, with a great cacophony. If you had to walk around campus after dark, you literally had to carry an umbrella for protection! And the smell of bird droppings and dead birds filled the air all winter. We were all thrilled when spring came and the birds headed back north.

Durango said...

Yikes! Rice U in Houston sounds way worse bird-wise than my neighborhood Wal-Mart!