Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Texas Himbo Hiking On The First Day Of My New Year

Today being the first day of my new year I decided I was going to start the new year by radically altering my usual very rigid schedule.

I slept well after the night before's horrible insomnia. I think the sleeping thing may have been helped by the chocolate medicine that the Queen of Wink sent me. It seemed to have an extremely relaxing effect.

I was up about 2 hours before I decided on that plan to drastically alter my normal schedule. Which means I did do my regular early morning swim. Since it was dark when I did so, I got to see the Perseids Meteor Shower sending little sparks of light across the sky. This year's Perseids Shower is supposed to be extra strong. Judging by what I saw, in a sky contaminated by a lot of urban light pollution, the Perseids are putting on a real good show.

About 8:30, rather than do my regular thing of spending several hours on the computer and then escaping for some aerobic relief, I left here and went to the Tandy Hills to do me some early morning hiking. Totally different lighting with the sun no where near high noon. And with the temperature being low enough to let me keep my shirt on. I sort of missed the natural sauna steam bath effect of the noontime 100 degree hiking.

There are still wildflowers coloring up the prairie at the Tandy Hills. Is this unusual? I don't know. We are still quite green here in North Texas. It seems that other summers, by now, the lawns had turned brown.

I parked at the spot I had not parked at since the Fort Worth Gestapo gave me a ticket for driving too slow without my seatbelt on. I parked there because I was going to Town Talk after doing the hiking. Yet one more drastic time shift. At Town Talk I got Provolone, Feta, Tofu, Green Peppers and Cherry Tomatoes. Tofu was a radically different thing to get.

I knew due to my not blogging this morning that I'd get an email or two regarding that. But, I only got one, rudely asking if I was suffering from a hangover due to those whisky-filled chocolates I imbibed in yesterday. I guess asking that was not all that rude. I'm trying to learn to be less thin-skinned and not take umbrage over every little thing.

But, another email this morning was really rude. That rude emailer told me I was a himbo. I took this as some sort of compliment, at first. Then I remembered what a bimbo is. I guess the fact that I did not instantly realize what was meant by himbo, as in male bimbo, does make me a bit of a himbo. I've had worse things said to me, I am sure. But I'm not remembering what those might be right now, making me, I guess, a forgetful himbo.

2 comments:

Cheap Tricks and Costly Truths said...

Happy New Year. I can't believe someone would actually call you a himbo.

Durango said...

CT2---Thanks. And me either.