Thursday, August 20, 2009

Man Drives Car Into My East Fort Worth Wal-Mart Supercenter

Earlier today I blogged about yesterday's Arlington traffic jam that did not happen. I mentioned looking in both the Dallas and Fort Worth newspapers thinking I'd find a followup article about the results of yesterday's first dual event.

A short time after I posted that, Anonymous sent me a comment including the article about the lack of a traffic jam that he/she found, but I could not find. Anonymous suggested that perhaps the Star-Telegram ran the no traffic jam article after reading me complain about the lack of a follow up.

So, I went back to the Star-Telegram, online, to find that article. I still could not find it. But I did see an intriguing new headline, "Chaos ensues as man drives car into Walmart, tries to flee". I was curious where this Walmart is. Texas? Elsewhere? So, I clicked on the link.

After I clicked, the actual headline, above the article was, "Chaos ensues as man drives car into Fort Worth Walmart, tries to flee". So, now I knew it was local chaos. By the first paragraph and the mention of east Fort Worth, the chaos got closer.

This afternoon I plan to go to my nearest Wal-Mart Supercenter. Well, imagine my surprise. It's the one that got hit! The Eastchase Wal-Mart. The Walmart greeter got hurt, but not seriously. The Walmart greeters at that particular entry are always such nice greeters.

Important Update: I have now found that illusive article about the lack of a traffic jam yesterday. That posting time says 12:36 pm. I was looking for it before 8 am. But Anonymous found it and sent it to me before noon. It's perplexing.

No comments: