Saturday, August 1, 2009

Looking At Little Sassy Cassie Instead Of A Weenie Tonight In Texas

In the years since I moved to Texas, from Washington, the state, I have been asked countless times. Why? I've never had a really good answer to that question. And the actual story of how moving here came about is a painful, long story for me to tell. Which I avoid telling.

Just this Saturday night in Texas, well, Fort Worth, is instructive as to why this place has such a hold on me. Now, tonight, if I were in Washington, I might be at a beach, enjoying a fire and roasting hot dogs. Then watching the sun set over the Olympic Mountains, while listening to the waves lap up against the shore, all the while smelling flowers and evergreen trees scenting the air.

Contrast that boring Washington Saturday night with Saturday night in Fort Worth, Texas. Here we have attractions and things to do that you just don't have in boring ol' Washington. Like tonight I'm thinking of going to Jaguars to see Little Sassie Cassie, she being the World's Smallest Stripper, at a diminutive 2 feet 10 inches. I have seen a stripper, or two, during my time on the planet. I have never seen a really little one.

Today, being August 1, it is my last chance to see Little Sassy Cassie. At least for now. She'll probably be back.

However, a new issue has arisen. One that is another reason Saturday night weenie roasts in Texas can be a bit dicey. I hear thunder booming in the distance. It appears to be building to a storm out there. Which is why it is so nice to have venues, like Jaguars, that one can retreat to on a Saturday night, to see wholesome entertainment one can not see in the boring ol' Pacific Northwest.

So. I'm outta here. See y'all tomorrow.

3 comments:

Cheap Tricks and Costly Truths said...

I'd take a good ol' boring Washington evening anytime.

Although, I do know of a certain Texan who would chomp at the bit to observe Sassie Cassie in action. I'll have to let this Texan know she's in town for a limited engagement.

Durango said...

If the Texan you're talking about is the Texan I think you're talking about, remember he's now married to a little German girl, so I'm thinking he isn't out pursuing little stripper girls these days. I may be wrong.

Cheap Tricks and Costly Truths said...

Married or not...old habits die hard.