Tuesday, October 6, 2026
Dead Calm Tuesday Walk Around The Sikes Lake Blue Mirror
On this extremely sunny first Tuesday of the 2026 version of October, it was back to nearby Sikes Lake I ventured for some pleasant nature communing, and the resulting endorphin acquisition, along with throngs of other enjoying the dead calm, with air warmed to barely being in the 70s, as measured by the Fahrenheit method.
The photo documentation is the view, looking north, at the Sikes Lake dam spillway, which I have not seen spilling anything significantly for it seems like years. The water you see below the dam's spillway is from a big pipeline drain, draining water, I assume from the lake.
It seems like it has been quite some time since I have seen a day like today, dead calm, no wind, not a cloud in the sky, the lake, blue, looking like a giant mirror.
We got down to the low 60s last night. The A/C cycled on a couple times yesterday. I have yet to feel the need to switch the climate control from COOL to HEAT.
I suspect it will not be long til I feel the chilly need to switch to HEAT.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment