Saturday, October 3, 2026

Chilly Drippy Saturday Walk Around Sikes Lake Reflecting Pool


On this cloudy, rainy, first Saturday of the 2026 version of October, it was to nearby Sikes Lake I ventured for some semi-chilly, drippy nature communing and endorphin acquisition.

As you can see, Sikes Lake is no longer in dried up drought mode. Sikes Lake is now in reflecting pool mode.

In the above photo documentation, we are looking south from the middle of the pedestrian bridge which connects the trail from the east side of the lake, to the west side.

The temperature was in the mid 60s when I did my nature communing. Just a few days ago it was more than 40 degrees hotter.

It was chilly enough, yesterday, that for the first time in months, I wore full-sized, complete leg-covering blue jeans to Walmart.

I suspect tonight I will find myself needing to get undercover whilst in bedtime sleep mode. I know those covers are somewhere in the walk-in closet where I keep such things. It ought not be too hard to find.

No comments: