Thursday, July 23, 2026
A Relatively Chilly Thursday Sunflower Hike Around Sikes Lake
The last couple 100 degree plus days my nature communing has taken place in the air-conditioned comfort of Walmart.
Today, the 4th Thursday of the 2026 version of July, with the temperature in the relatively chilly 80s, it was to Sikes Lake I ventured for some salubrious outdoor nature communing and that activity's endorphin acquisition.
In the photo documentation you are looking northwest from the eastern shore of Sikes Lake, looking through what I think is a patch of sunflowers.
According to the current forecast we will be having a lot of the coming days getting heated to over 100 degrees.
I no longer have cold tapwater. I have lukewarm tapwater. Actually, I think it feels warmer than lukewarm.
The swimming pool is too warm to make for a cooling dip. I half fill my bathtub with that lukewarm tapwater, which eventually cools to the air-conditioned temperature of 78, which makes for a cooling dip in the tub, which I did when I got back from Sikes Lake.
I am looking forward to Winter...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment