Saturday, September 2, 2023

Lucy Park September Saturday Pseudo Snake Encounter


It was back to Lucy Park I ventured on this first Saturday, second day, of September. With the temperature barely 90, heading to a high today of 101. 

The outer world nature communing was pleasant today. A good breeze provided some cooling.

I was walking quickly when I suddenly came to a halt, stopping when I saw what looked to be a big snake slithering from behind a rock.

A few seconds later my moment of being startled was replaced by realizing this was a scary curvy stick, not a scary curvy snake.

Had this been an actual snake it would have been my first snake encounter this year. I have not gone a year in Texas without multiple snake encounters, til this year.

I wondered if the snake population was hit hard by COVID?

Likely not....

No comments: