Tuesday, June 13, 2023

Chilly Walk With The Sikes Lake Coyote


Early this morning of the second Tuesday of June I found myself driving north, heading towards Oklahoma, having a long talk with my favorite sister Jackie during part of the drive. 

I was back in my home zone by 10 this morning. Which had me at Sikes Lake an hour later for a salubrious walk around the lake.

A chilly salubrious walk around the lake. Only 68 degrees, with no wind blowing. Total cloud cover, with rain and thunderstorms on the weather menu.

So far, just a little drippage.

That coyote statue you see above was back guarding Priddy Pavilion, a sort of scare crow wannabe keeping the geese out of the Pavilion area, where soon once a week music concerts will be happening.


The above look at Sikes Lake looks like a dead of winter view, not a nearing the end of spring view. The lake looks frozen over, with no wind making ripples and waves.

There were more people than the norm enjoying walking and running around Sikes Lake, due, I suppose, to the break from the HOT humidity. 

The HOT humidity is scheduled to return tomorrow, with the first 100 degree day of the year predicted to arrive on Thursday.

No comments: