Tuesday, May 2, 2023

Traffic Jam Detours Me To Lucy Park Duck Pond


The second day of May is another perfect weather day in North Texas. Blue sky, zero clouds, barely a breeze.

It was to Lucy Park I ventured today for some nature communing.

Upon arrival I found a traffic jam blocking my way to my regular parking location. So, I detoured to another Lucy Park entry, which had me parking by the Lucy Park Duck Pond.

The Lucy Park Duck Pond is primarily populated with geese. But, the park signage calls it the Lucy Park Duck Pond.

It is a scenic Duck Pond. With several bridges across narrow crossings connecting one pond to the next.

One of the bridges is a slightly treacherous crossing with the bridge deck being highly mobile, making passage difficult for those without a firm understanding. I have a firm understanding, but still find passage over that bridge to be a wobbly undertaking.

Thunderstorming is back on our weather menu, beginning later today, on into the following days.

Yesterday, at noon, the tornado sirens were loudly tested. So, we are primed and ready for some dire weather...

No comments: